Earlier this week Blooms The Chemist honoured and recognised retail managers across its pharmacy network as part of its annual Blooms The Chemist Retail Managers Conference, which is dedicated to recognising the retail managers who go above and beyond the course of duty, delivering exceptional customer service and maintaining consistently great results.
This year, Blooms The Chemist Orange Retail Manager Erin Long was brown Blooms The Chemist 2021 Retail Manager of the Year award, due to her consistent hard work and dedication to providing extraordinary customer service, particularly throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.
“It’s such an honour to be name this year’s Retail Manager of the Year, especially considering how the past year has shaped our industry,” said Ms Long, who joined Blooms The Chemist Orange in 2019, when the pharmacy was undergoing a full store renovation.
Since then, Ms Long has helped the store navigate the impacts of the pandemic, while contributing to the sustained growth of the Blooms The Chemist network.
“I’m so proud of the progress Blooms The Chemist Orange has made over the past 18 months, and very fortunate to be part of such a progressive community pharmacy network, where opportunities for professional and personal growth are valued and so easily available to all,” she said.
‘Phil Smith Pharmacy Scholarship’
During the awards ceremony Blooms The Chemist announced it will further support retail managers aspiring to study pharmacy through the ‘Phil Smith Pharmacy Scholarship’, which will provide subsidised studies for an exceptional retail manager who may wish to become a pharmacist.
“The Phil Smith Pharmacy Scholarship is designed to recognise and support the continued learning of our committed team, especially those who are interested in pursuing further studies in pharmacy,” says Blooms The Chemist CEO Phil Smith.
“I’m proud of the legacy being made in my name and I have no doubt this scholarship will make a profound impact upon all recipients’ lives and careers in the future,” he says.
The first recipient of the Phil Smith Pharmacy Scholarship is expected to be announced in the coming months.
Other award recipients
The awards night also announced:
- Retail Manager Runner up of the Year: Paul Lindsey, Blooms The Chemist Grafton
- Shining Light Awards:
- Jemma Sparrow, Blooms The Chemist North Perth
- Vanessa Brennan, Blooms The Chemist Penrith Plaza
- Kaily Cullinger, Blooms The Chemist Albury
- Sheryn Wilson, Blooms The Chemist Belmont Central
- Donna Bullock, Blooms The Chemist Windsor
- Jodie Morris, Blooms The Chemist Kenmore
- Training Award: Kaily Cullinger, Blooms The Chemist Albury
- Customer Service Award: Charlene Cerros, Blooms The Chemist Casey Central
- Community Award: Donna Bullock, Blooms The Chemist Windsor Riverview