Blooms The Chemist has announced that 17 of its community pharmacies are joining the nation’s Covid-19 vaccination rollout, commencing in locations across NSW, QLD and WA from 27 July.
“Blooms The Chemist is pleased to be supporting the fast-tracking of the Covid-19 vaccination rollout.
“Our local pharmacies, pharmacists and their teams are ready and waiting to support communities across the country to deliver the vaccinations in the fight against the virus,” says Blooms The Chemist’s Head of Retail (and incumbent CEO from 1 January 2022), Emmanuel Vavoulas.
Mr Vavoulas says that Blooms The Chemist “pharmacists are committed to ensuring the best possible health outcomes for their communities”.
“The addition of community pharmacies across the country in the vaccination rollout will provide millions of Australians the option to be vaccinated in their local pharmacy, supporting existing vaccination hubs and General Practitioners,” he adds.
Locations where Blooms The Chemist is participating in the vaccination rollout are:
- Kingaroy (two locations) in Queensland, from 26 July.
- Padstow in NSW, from 26 July.
- Bankstown Grand Market, from 26 July.
- Miller in NSW, from 27 July.
- Geraldton Fountains in Western Australia, from 9 August.
- Bundaberg in Queensland, from 9 August.
- Coogee in NSW, from 16 August.
- Erina in NSW, from 16 August.
- Forestville in NSW, from 16 August.
- Gordon in NSW, from 16 August.
- Leichhardt in NSW, from 16 August.
- Northbridge in NSW, from 16 August.
- Saratoga in NSW, from 16 August.
- Surry Hills in NSW, from 16 August.
- Umina in NSW, from 16 August.
- Wyong in NSW, from 16 August.
“Covid-19 has had such a profound impact on our industry, delivering learnings and insights that will certainly shape the evolution of community pharmacy for years to come,” continues Mr Vavoulas.
“Blooms The Chemist is proud to be joining the vaccination efforts alongside our GP colleagues, while further cementing our pharmacists’ role on the frontline of healthcare within our local communities.”