Willach has launched Consis.PI, a medicine pouch verification system which the company says is the fastest of its type available in the country.
The system, aimed at supporting in-pharmacy dose administration aid (DAA) operations, scans packaged medicine pouches and verifies the contents against the medication order and customer details.
While it has been designed to integrate seamlessly with Willach’s range of Consis Automated Tablet Packager systems, which became available in Australia in late 2018, the Consis.PI is compatible with all DAA sachet packaging solutions on the market.
“When working with medicines, safety and accuracy are the most important considerations and these are qualities Willach has built its reputation upon,” Willach Australasia Managing Director John Koot said.
“By automating the checking process required to safely administer DAAs, the Consis.PI is a massive time saver for pharmacists looking to optimise their DAA business.
“Pharmacists will realise the benefits of the system’s unrivalled combination of speed, accuracy and functionality, which is all backed by Willach’s industry-leading customer service and support.”
Claimed to add further efficiency to the medication-to-patient process are the optional extras available with the Consis.PI. Willach says the Consis Cut & Roll accessory attaches directly to the Pouch Inspector and automatically separates and rolls DAA pouches after they are verified, while the Track and Trace system offers further simplicity and safety when working with multiple patient batches – such as multiple facilities or patient groups.
Product claims include:
- Inspection of up to five pouches per second (about 18,000 per hour).
- Automatic approval of up to 98 per cent of pouches scanned.
- Scanning technology that assesses medicines based on shape, size and colour to maximise accuracy.
- Pi Web app included for easy verification, validation, re-examination and archiving of scan results.
- Touchscreen and mini-keyboard help speed up the validation process.
- Compact footprint and user-friendly design requires minimal training.
- Compatible with all DAA sachet packaging systems on the market.
To view the full range of Consis.PI systems, visit: www.willachpharmacy-solutions.com/AUS/