Following a busy week of virtual judging workshops as part of this year’s Pharmacy Guild of Australia/Maxigesic Pharmacy Assistant of the Year (PATY) Award, eight pharmacy assistants representing each state and territory have now been selected to compete for the national title.
The State Winners were selected during the virtual judging workshops, where they demonstrated their pharmacy knowledge and showcased their skills in customer service and leadership.
Now in its 15th year, PATY is the premier award for pharmacy assistants in Australia, and according to the Pharmacy Guild of Australia’s National President, Trent Twomey, “was created to recognise pharmacy assistants who go the extra mile”.
“The calibre of PATY nominees is always extremely high, and each candidate displays a strong commitment to their work and the industry, which I am extremely impressed with.
“I congratulate this year’s eight State Winners for standing out as their state’s top pharmacy assistant,” says Mr Twomey.
PATY 2021 State Winners
Congratulations to the following pharmacy assistants, who will now take part in the PATY National Finals on 21 October 2021:
- ACT: Meryl Banerjie – Erindale Pharmacy.
- NT: Ashleigh Hutson – Bardens Amcal Pharmacy.
- NSW: Lauren Marks – Coopers Pharmacy Taree.
- QLD: Emma Tewes – Good Price Pharmacy Warehouse Kingaroy.
- SA: Mignonne Hill – Melbourne Street Pharmacy.
- TAS: Morgan Goninon – Terry White Chemmart Windsor.
- VIC: Robyn Peters – Priceline Pharmacy Warragul.
- WA: Sarah Fawcett – Pharmacy 194.
By participating in the National Finals, the State Winners will be in the running to take home more than $10,000 in prizes, including a $5,000 cash prize, a training package, educational opportunities and other great rewards.
Award judges, Dan Shalhoub and Artie Kalogeropoulos from AFT Pharmaceuticals, the award’s major sponsor, also congratulate the winners on their achievement.
“AFT Pharmaceuticals is very honoured to support PATY and to ensure that the industry is recognising excellence in the frontline of pharmacy.
“[We] congratulate all eight State Winners for standing out as their state’s top pharmacy assistants and look forward to seeing them all at the National Finals on 21 October,” say Mr Shalhoub and Mr Kalogeropoulos.
Glucojel Super Star Award
In addition to the main award, PATY features the Glucojel Super Star Award, which recognises outstanding customer service amongst the PATY state finalists.
Congratulations to the following winners of the Glucojel Super Star Award in each state:
- ACT: Fiona Wren – Capital Chemist Kambah.
- NT: Melissa Dass – PharmaSave Casuarina Village Pharmacy.
- NSW: Natalie Saunders – Chemistworks Boolaroo.
- QLD: Donna Williamson – Redland Bay Discount Drug Store.
- SA: Hollie Kain – Tim Siv’s TerryWhite Chemmart.
- TAS: Lisa Brown – Priceline Pharmacy Glenorchy.
- VIC: Leanne Phillips – Priceline Pharmacy Mooroolbark.
- WA: Bryan Hann – Midland Pharmacy & Compounding Centre.