Several pharmacists and respected contributors to healthcare and pharmacy received Australia Day honours this week.
The recipients of the awards, include:
- Professor William Charman, Office of Order of Australia (AO).
- Professor Peter Carroll, Order of Australia (AM).
- Colonel William Kelly (retired), Order of Australia (AM).
- Mr Rodney Whyte, Medal of Order of Australia (OAM).
- Mrs Judith Ann Ingham, Medial of Order of Australia (OAM).
The Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (PSA) President, Associate Professor Chris Freeman congratulates all recipients for their awards, saying that the PSA recognises their contributions to the Australian health sector, pharmacy and the broader community.
“It is fitting to see the work of these respected professionals recognised with their Australia Day honours – a tribute to their ongoing work on their own behalf and those they work with and for,” says Associated Professor Freeman.
“They have earned their awards for many years of dedication and commitment to pharmacy and Australian society – PSA congratulates them.”