One of the most popular parts of the APP Rural Pharmacy Forum, the rural pharmacy video competition, is back with the theme of ‘What My Rural Pharmacy Will Look Like in 2025’.
Healthcare professionals working in rural and remote areas of Australia are presented with unique opportunities and challenges which their colleagues in urban areas often find hard to imagine. This is especially true of community pharmacists who in some areas may be the only healthcare professional available to provide services to the community.
Now these rural, regional and remote pharmacies can show their colleagues via their own video why they love being rural pharmacists, how they are planning for the future and how they are setting up to meet the ongoing health needs of their patients and customers.
This year’s Rural Pharmacy Forum theme is ‘Your Future Is Now’. This aligns with the Pharmacy Guild of Australia’s major project, Community Pharmacy 2025 (CP2025) which provides a vision for a vibrant, dynamic and commercial community pharmacy network into 2025 and beyond.
The 30-45 second video should show how this vision applies to rural, regional and remote pharmacies and how pharmacists and staff in these areas have taken their futures into their own hands. It should also show how working and living in rural Australia offers amazing and unique opportunities, and excite people enough so they want to come and work with you.
Topics of the video might include:
- What services does the pharmacy offer now?
- What services will the pharmacy offer in the future?
- What will be done to get there?
- What help might the pharmacy need to achieve it?
Some ideas or questions that might be addressed are:
- What is a big change the pharmacy has made, or is thinking of making, and why was it/will it be made?
- What are the unique needs of your town, and how can the pharmacy improve the community’s health outcomes?
- Why did you decide to work in rural pharmacy and why you will still be there in 2025?
- How is the pharmacy being set apart to attract and retain staff?
The best video will be judged before APP, being held on the Gold Coast from March 7-10, 2019, and the People’s Choice winner will be judged by the audience at APP’s Rural Pharmacy Forum session. Entries close February 4, 2019 and the competition is open to employees or owners of a PhARIA 4-6 pharmacy.
The Rural Pharmacy Forum has compiled some tips to help get the best video results from phone cameras. These can be accessed on the Rural Pharmacy Video Competition page.