There were seven winners at the Star Pharmacy Group 2018 awards dinner following their annual three day conference.
Star Pharmacy Group Executive Chairman Stan Kontos said “Star Pharmacy Group have experienced a remarkable year and in the light of that we are proud, pleased and excited to announce our award winners for 2018.”
Pharmacy of the Year was won by Star Discount Chemist West Ryde NSW, Azzam Elasmar (Pharmacist Manager) & Sarah Martin (Retail Manager).
The winning pharmacy is judged on both financial and operational performance including consideration of the winner’s teams embracing of Star Pharmacy Group values and standards.
Other awards included:
- Pharmacist Manager of the Year: Priceline Caloundra QLD, Eddie Yau
- Retail Manager of the Year joint winners:
- Star Discount Chemist Emu Park QLD, Ingrid Murphy
- Star Discount Chemist Salisbury East SA, Dawn Stopforth
- Innovative Pharmacy: Star Discount Chemist Arana Hills QLD, An Wilson (Pharmacist Manager) and Carla McConarchy (Retail Manager)
- Pharmacy Assistant of the Year: Star Discount Chemist West Ryde NSW, Savyo Disho
- Intern of the Year and Preceptor Award:
- Intern, Stacey Gardiakos, Intern at Star Discount Chemist Croydon SA
- Preceptor, Luke Campbell Star Discount Chemist North Ward, Queensland
- National Support Office Employee of the Year, Virginie Richardson, Accounts
“I am proud to lead such a talented and driven team,” said Star Pharmacy Group Chief Executive Officer Tim Payze.
Star pharmacy Group incorporates a number of independent community pharmacies and national pharmacy brands such as Terry White Chemmart and Priceline, as well as their own brand, Star Discount Chemist.