Blackmores is inviting nominations for the Blackmores Mercie Whellan Women+Wellbeing Awards 2019, with $6,000 in prize money on offer.
These awards celebrate women in the greater Sydney region who have made an outstanding contribution to the local community by improving people’s health and wellbeing.
Winners will be announced at an International Women’s Day gala dinner on March 7 featuring guest speaker Sam Bloom, winner of the 2018 Women’s World Adaptive Surfing Championships.
“At Blackmores, we believe in empowering women on their personal wellbeing journey and also supporting those building a healthier society for all,” Blackmores Director of Corporate Affairs Cecile Cooper said.
“The Blackmores Mercie Whellan Women+Wellbeing Awards recognise women who make a positive difference through a health leadership, advocacy, or caregiving role in their community.”
Blackmores is running the awards in partnership with CCNB (community care + wellbeing), advisers in community health, aged care and disability.
Nominations are invited for the following award categories, including a special youth category:
- StrongBeing – everyday women who have shown courage and determination to overcome adversity in their personal lives and inspire others.
- ChangeBeing – women who through bold acts of leadership, advocacy and/or education have achieved positive health outcomes for the community.
- CommunityBeing – caregivers who work tirelessly for others, including carers, health and community care professionals.
- YoungBeing – women aged 16-22 who have achieved extraordinary social change for their community’s wellbeing through passion, commitment and vision.
- Mercie Whellan WellBeing – this major winner will be selected from nominees across all categories.
Winners will each receive $1,000, with the Mercie Whellan WellBeing winner receiving $2,000. These five winners will also be invited to join a leadership mentoring program, The Leader’s Room, to help enhance their personal and professional development and support the work they are doing in the community.
Nomination close on Sunday, February 24, 2019 at midnight.
To nominate visit: