Pharmacy Guild of Australia/Maxigesic Pharmacy Assistant of the Year Award (PATY) winners have now been named for 2020.
These pharmacy assistants are as follows:
- Joshua Edye, Erindale Pharmacy (ACT)
- James Brown, Blaxland Day and Night Pharmacy (NSW)
- Ben King, Alice Springs Pharmacy (NT)
- Tori McRae-Field, Direct Chemist Outlet Torrensville (SA)
- Emma Smallbone, Zammitt Street Pharmacy (QLD)
- Kenya Broad, Penguin Pharmacy (Tasmania)
- Cody Marshall, United Chemists Wodonga (Victoria)
- Jaclyn Jensen, Wizard Rossmoyne (WA)
They will participate in the PATY National Finals, which will take place in a virtual format on 30 October.
The state winners were selected for their demonstration of pharmacy knowledge and skills in customer service and in leadership.
By participating in the national finals, the state winners will be in the running to take home over $10,000 in prizes including cash, a training package, educational opportunities and other great rewards.
Pharmacy Guild of Australia National President, George Tambassis congratulates the state winners for their contribution to community pharmacy in Australia.
“This award recognises pharmacy assistants who go the extra mile to help our customers — which is critical to the future success of the pharmacy industry as our range of services to the public continues to grow,” Mr Tambassis says.
“The calibre of PATY nominees is always extremely high, and each PATY nominee candidate displays a strong commitment to their work and this industry.”
Calvin MacKenzie, General Manager of AFT Pharmaceuticals, the award’s major sponsor, also congratulates the winners on their achievement.
“AFT Pharmaceuticals is very honoured to support PATY and to ensure that the industry is recognising excellence in the frontline of pharmacy.
“I congratulate all eight State Winners for standing out as their state’s top pharmacy assistants and I look forward to seeing them all at the National Finals on 30 October,” Mr MacKenzie says.
Free Education Module
As part of this year’s award, AFT Pharmaceuticals and Maxigesic have developed a free education module for pharmacy assistants, which highlights their vital role in pain management.
Pharmacy assistants are encouraged to sign up at pharmacyassistants.com/education/ to access the module and receive the latest industry, conference and PATY updates.
The sign-up page also features an introductory video to pharmacy assistants’ role in pain management by 2018 PATY winner, Alice Vanderpol.
Glucogel Super Star Award
PATY also features the Glucojel Super Star Award, which recognises outstanding customer service amongst the PATY state finalists.
The winners of the Glucojel Super Star Award are:
- Elise Newham, The Pharmacy on Franklin (ACT).
- Jacalyn Dillon, Simply Pharmacy Valentine (NSW).
- Lara Monica De Guzman, Hibiscus Day and Night Pharmacy (NT).
- Amber Greenwood, Tim Siv’s Kapunda TerryWhite Chemmart (SA).
- Andy Zhu, Spring Hill Priceline Pharmacy (QLD).
- Melissa van Winden, West Hobart Pharmacy (Tasmania).
- Amanda Skipper, TerryWhite Chemmart Bluff Point (WA).
- Susan Gainey, TerryWhite Chemmart Mentone (Victoria).