NPS MedicineWise has named its keynote speakers for the 10th National Medicines Symposium (NMS), which is called ‘Population to Personal Healthcare: The Future is Now’.
The speakers will discuss healthcare innovation, progress and best practice in medication management and policy.
A broad selection of local and international speakers is scheduled, including Dr Hans-Georg Eichler, Professor Jeremy Nicholson, John Mattick, Dr John Skerritt, Jo Watson and Professor Andrew Wilson.
Topics will cover a diverse range of concepts and ideas. Professor Nicholson will be discussing molecular phenotyping and systems-medicine approaches, while Dr Eichler will share his perspectives on adaptive pathways and contemporary regulation.
NPS MedicineWise Executive Manager and Chair of the NMS 2018 Program Committee Kerren Hosking said: “We have a line-up of insightful speakers for NMS 2018 who have all been responsible for innovative initiatives in clinical settings. Their presentations will challenge perceptions and provide useful insights for fellow healthcare professionals.”
The keynote speakers for NMS 2018 are:
- Hans-Georg Eichler, Senior Medical Officer, European Medicines Agency.
- Professor Jeremy Nicholson, Director, Clinical Phenotyping Centre and Chair in Biological Chemistry, Head of Department Faculty of Medicine, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London.
- Professor John Mattick, Executive Director, Garvan Institute, Sydney.
- Professor Andrew Wilson, Professor and Director, Menzies Centre for Health Policy School of Public Health, University of Sydney.
- John Skerritt, Deputy Secretary for Health Products Regulation, Department of Health.
- Jo Watson, Deputy Chair, Consumers Health Forum.
- Lisa Jackson-Pulver, Pro Vice-chancellor Engagement and Pro Vice-chancellor Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Leadership, Western Sydney University.
NMS 2018 is NPS MedicineWise’s 10th symposium and will take place from May 30 until June 1 at the National Convention Centre, Canberra. Abstract submissions and expressions of interest for delegates and event sponsors are now open.
For more information and to register for more information or to submit an abstract, visit: www.nps.org.au/nms2018.